Knowing how to finish a task is as important as knowing how to complete it as fast as possible and without lowering the quality of the final results.
- Reduce the time you spend on social media sites to a minimum. Try to set a personal daily limit of about 20 to 30 minutes each day.
- Learn to type faster by completing a typing tutorial. The faster you can put your ideas in text/code, the faster you can get things done.
- Clean and optimize your computer. If your computer starts acting up, find out why and fix it as soon as possible.
- Ifa task takes no more than 2 minutes of your time, then you can start right away.
- Once you get focused on completing a task take every measure to not be disturbed by external factors. Try using music with white noise. Using white noise may need some getting use to, but once you have the external noise distractions will be lower.
Programming and Web Development
- Kiss: Keep it stupid simple
- Use code completion.
- Use and create your own code snippets.
- Use a framework. Any framework: Zend, Symfony, etc.
- Use SASS instead of CSS.
- Use Zen Coding for efficient html writing.
- Learn and use the basic key shortcuts for your awesome IDE.
- Learn and use design patterns, but don't over do it.
- Automate repetitive, time-consuming tasks or delegate the simple ones.
Start reviewing how you spend your time and start cutting down on the excess time. Try to analyze your development process and discover where you can improve it. Manictime is a good point to start reviewing your home and work productivity. Rescue Time can also create a personal profile comparing your productivity to all of their users. Measuring productivity is what it does best. But, don't forget to setup your profile depending on your job and tools you use.